Friday, January 6, 2012

I Wish: A Nigerians' Plight...

IF I ENO PRAISE WERE PRESIDENT JONATHAN AT THIS TIME: I know I didn't create the problems we are facing. I know I didn't create the culture of waste that has characterized our country. But this is my chance to change it starting with myself. I will make a Nation-Wide Broadcast in which I will announce

a At least, 50% slash in the allowances of all Appointees of the Government (not civil servants);

B appeal to the Legislature/Judiciary, States/Local Govts. to do same (or use the necessary government organs to effect it from January 1, 2012);

c forward a bill to the National Assembly for the dissolution of irrelevant government agencies and those duplicating functions as well as a comprehensive Staff Audit of all government insitutions;

d begin a phased removal of subsidy with pump prices going to N100 now, N120 in June and N140 in October 2012;

e From the initial savings, take steps to improve infrastructure especially of roads, rail and power;

f institute a probe panel to investigate and possibly dissolve the PPPRA under whose nose billions of Naira were frittered away in the guise of fuel subsidy refunds;

g request EFCC to immediately swoop on those firms who had no business importing fuel in the first instance and government functionaries who inflated the import figures;

h make it compulsory for all Oil majors to begin the construction of their own refineries in Nigeria according to their daily production outputs - take 20% minimum for refining;

i privatize or commercialize the current government owned refineries;

j give a terminal date (not more than 3 years) for stoppage of fuel importation by the Oil majors and those who currently have the capacity to do so.

These I believe will calm frayed nerves, build confidence and begin the real journey to transformation and growth in our economy.

Well, I am not Goodluck Jonathan. So someone should please pass this message. Thank you and God Bless Nigeria(pls let's circulate n get dis msg to Mr President)

No comments:

Post a Comment