Thursday, January 5, 2012

...more than a student!!!

Funny isn’t it (smiling). Don’t mind me, just remember ythe Duo musicians imitating foreigners. Oops! Nothing personal P Square, actually, you are my best. I was once a dancer, always wanted to be like you guys, of course with my best friend Nonny. But all that was in high school. OMG! What am I doing? Back to the topic.
Like I jst did, most people will think of the Duo’s music ‘more than a friend’, actually to an extent, that prompted me to write this. Since the release of that album, I have always wanted a friend that was ,more than a friend. Greedy huh? But who doesn’t, who doesn’t want to have a friend who has more. Oops! Another diversion, what am I doing yet again?
But as odd as this two first paragraph might sound (comparing with the title of this), there are similarities of which I will state one (make you figure out the rest yourself). People always want to be offererd more! They want more – more money; more clothes; more everything. They event want more of God and more from students (Baba God no go kill Himself for u na). hei! Read on, you will see how to be more (na em go make you dey independent – you no go ask for more. You go just dey give any how).
I have heard 'more than a friend; more than a wife; more than this; more than that' but when I heard more than a student (nna for my mind ooo!) I was moved. Rarely do such people exists in our environment,n in Nigeria. Common read on! We are getting there.

Look around or even better, think 'around', what do you see? (Na rhetorical question jooo!) I will tell you. I see students who aspire to get a first class certificate or at least, a second class upper; get a nice job, marry a wonderful spouse, have great kids and then die peacefully (like it just be for happily ever after). I see students who wants to be just students (sad) funny isn't it? (Na another ...e he..), of course not! Lighten uup, am not accusing you of being among (but I no sure oo) ride on, we 'r still on the moving.

Many a time, we 'v heard of Bill Gate (I heard he bought a book for 33.3 million dollars-no be mi talk am oo!), of Mark Zuckerberg (shey be na facebook we dey). Let's bring it home. Most of us admire the likes of Fela Durotoye, Toyosi Akerele, and manny others. They started off as students. (I don dey go too far, sorry ooo).

We all have dreams-perhaps mindsets- of bein successful but we want it the easy way, we want to stand on the peak of the highest mountain but are afraid we might fall (hahahaha-funny abeg). We want to have more but we don't want to be more (abeg, I no dey talk about you, just dey read they go).

Wait a minute, do you know that Bill droped out from school even Mark? Do you know that Toyosi is better off in what she. Is doing than the law she studied? Have you seen Fela lately (na picture I dey talk about ooo)? They all did 'this' thing that exempted them from the list of students and included them to more than students. RISK. That is it!!!

How often can you take risks? To what limits are you willing to take the risk, Bill's, Fela's, RISE's or yours? (Abeg oo, this ones no be rhetorical questions. Answer them, na your life we dey talk about ooo!). Even Jerry dey take risk go steal Tom's food.

Forgive me, I can't take it anymore. We have got to do something about ourselves, our friends, our siblings. We 'v got to show/tell them, but it starts from/with us. Yes the traditions of being a doctor, lawyer, engineer, accountant or any profession shouldn't be ignored to preserve human race, but it's time for us, for Nigeria students to be innovative, to be original. Wee should start taking those risks.

Remember, there are elements yet to be discovered; poems and stories yet to be printed; believe me, in your field/passion, there is still place for you to SHIINE it out. I believe greatness is in YOU! Abeg, join us, make we change 9ja to a better place. Na for us oo and our children children.
Greatest Nigeria student!!! Great.

SHIINE

No comments:

Post a Comment